D. Ed stands for Diploma in Education. It qualifies intermediates as elementary teachers. It is a Certificate level Education course in which education stands for any act. It can be an experience that has an effect on the formation of mind, character, or physical ability of an individual. If we talk about education technically, it is the process by which society transfers its knowledge, skills, and values from one generation to another.
Duration of the course
The duration of the diploma in Education is ranging from one year to three. It varies from institute to institute. The minimum time to complete the course is also different in different institutions. It may also be available on a part-time basis in some institutes.
Diploma in Education Eligibility:
- The minimum qualification to apply for it is a pass with 50% in 10+2 with science or arts group.
- The candidates are required to have an aggregate of 50% in some institutions.
- The candidates have to clear common entrance examination. The test is held in almost all states of India.
Top offering D. Ed in Chandigarh are:
- Mahatma Gandhi College sector 17
- State Institute of Education sector 32 C
- Government College of Education sector 20 D
- D. A. V College sector 10
- Dev Samaj College of Education, Sector 36 B, Chandigarh
D.Ed Admission Procedure:
Admission shall be made on merit. It will be on the basis of marks obtained in the qualifying examination and/or in the entrance examination or any other selection process as per the policy of the State Government or Administration.
Syllabus for D.Ed
D. Ed diploma includes study of subjects like
- Child Development and Learning
- Curriculum and Pedagogy
- Regional Language
- English Language Teaching
- Environmental Science Teaching
- Mathematics Teaching
- Art Education
- Physical Education
- Social Science Teaching
- General Science Education