D.Ed commonly referred to as D.El.Ed i.e Diploma in Elementary Education in Assam. There are nearly 22 recognized colleges in Assam offering the course for the teacher education.
Application and Admission for D.Ed 2017 in Assam:
- The application form for the ASSAM D.El.Ed will be released in April and the candidates can submit the forms by the mid of may.
- Admission will be held in June 2017 and classes will start from July
- The candidates can apply for the course through offline mode.
- The candidate has to pay Rs. 100 of the application form and the application fee is non-refundable.
Candidates who apply before the closure date will only be entertained and then the selection procedure will be held on the basis of marks obtained in the required qualifications and the caste.
The candidates who are selected in the merit list for the above procedure are eligible to take the admission in the college.
Eligibility Criteria For ASSAM D.Ed:
- The eligibility criteria for upper primary teacher and lower primary teacher varies out there and is detailed as:
- For lower primary class:
- Candidate must be 12 passes out from recognized board with the minimum of 60% score, in a case of reserved category the relaxation is 55%.
- For upper primary class:
- The candidate should be a graduate in any discipline from a recognized university.
- The age limit for application is 18 to 30 years.
The admission in D.Ed in ASSAM takes place under the regulations of SCERT (STATE COUNCIL OF EDUCATION, RESEARCH, AND TRAINING). The necessary details related to the course can be acquired from the official site of Assam that is
After the successful completion of the 2 years, regulated diploma course of D.Ed one can apply for the teaching jobs for kindergartens in any government and private schools.