Master of Philosophy is basically the comprehensive acquisition of the core knowledge and skills that are essential to the philosophical research.It can be considered as a halfway Ph.D.
M.Phil. the program was launched in India by HSS department with the aim of training and educating human resources of the country for the development & formulation of socioeconomic development, policies and their implementation to acquire the sustainable growth in India.
Eligibility and Selection criteria for M.Phil.:
- To get the admission in M.Phil. program one has to appear and qualify MET/GATE/UGC-JRF/UGC-LECTURERSHIP entrance examination.
- The candidate must own a Master’s degree in Arts/Commerce with minimum 55 percentile or 60% marks in B.tech/M.Sc with adequate background in social sciences.
- Selection of the candidates is based on clarifying the entrance examination along with the interview.
Duration of the course:
Master of Philosophy program completes within the duration of 1-2 years segregated in the no. of the semester for the regular candidates.However, it is a 2-year course who take it up as part time.
Also Read :- B.Ed. Admission in UP
When it comes to the doctoral program from UP, it provides you a long list of colleges to get the admission in M.Phil. Some of the top colleges and university for M.Phil in UP are:
- Bundelkhand University
- Amity Institute of behavioral, health and allied sciences.
- Shobhit University
- Dayalbagh Educational Institute
- Deen Dayal Upadhyay Gorakhpur University
- Institute of mental health and hospital.
Fee Structure of M.Phil in UTTAR PRADESH:
- The registration fee is Rs. 200, a one-time charge at the time of registration.
- The course fee is between 8-10 k per year
- An examination fee of Rs. 1000 is charged per year.
For, a student to appear in M.Phil examination in Uttar Pradesh it is mandatory for the particular to maintain 75% of attendance in the semester along with the submission of all the necessary assignments given throughout the semester.