Teachers are the base of the schools. No student can achieve any kind of degree without the help of teachers. To groom the teachers to provide the students with the quality education they have to graduate through BACHELOR OF EDUCATION (B.Ed).
Eligibility and Details of B.Ed in Mizoram:
- To pursue B.ed from top colleges of Mizoram one must complete the graduation or post graduation with minimum 50%.
- The duration to complete the B.Ed course is 2 years.
- To apply for admission in B.ed colleges one must be a degree holder. Both U.G and P.G are eligible to take the admission.
- In Mizoram, it is must that a teacher must hold the B.ed degree.
- Along with B.ed, it is necessary to clear exams like CTET, REET, TET etc to be a teacher in Mizoram.
- There is no age bar for applying for B.ed
People in Mizoram are taken up with B.Ed because the teachers are given good respect there. If M.ed is taken as an option for the higher degree the scope of the career as a teacher in high school increases.
B.ed Application in Mizoram 2017:
- Candidates have to fill an online application form.
- Fees for application is 400 for general and 200 for others.
- 50% score in UG/PG courses for general category. 5% relaxation for SC/ST.
- A syllabus for the examination is declared by Mizoram University.
MZTET (Mizoram Teacher Eligibility Test)
- According to the government norm’s after completion of B.ed, it is important to appear for TET to become a teacher in Mizoram.
- A student securing minimum 60% in TET is considered to clarify the examination.
- An applicant has to fulfill an online form to appear in the entrance examination with the registration fee of 500 rupees.
Mizoram University provides with the best training for the teachers and a quality B.ed program