D.ed is a diminution of Diploma in Education. It is a one-year certification course that can be taken up after 10+2. It can be chosen as a part-time or full-time course. The duration of its completion depends on the institution’s and it may vary between 1-3 years. It is a job seeking the course in the field of education.
Eligibility to apply for D.ed:
A minimum score of 50% in 10+2 with science or arts background. Few institutions demand 50% aggregate marks.
To clear D.ed. entrance examination. It is conducted for all most every state in India.
Diploma in Education Syllabus:
The syllabus consists of both the theory and practical subjects listed below:
- Education in emerging Indian Society
- Educational Psychology
- Secondary Education
- Communication and Information Technology
- Method of teaching – 1
- Method of teaching- 2
- Specialization (any 1)
Also Read: – B.Ed Admission 2017 In Meghalaya
- Teaching of subject -1
- Teaching of subject – 2
- Criticism lesson
- The final lesson in methods of teaching major subject
- Work experience
- Working with community and social service
- Five psychology experiments.
The scope of D.ed in Meghalaya:
- After the completion of D.ed in Meghalaya, one can apply for job in day care, government and private schools
- It avails you with the opportunity to be a nursery teacher in kindergartens.
- To carry on with the further studies taking up M.ed. as the master’s degree
Colleges in Meghalaya for D.ed:
Several Governments and Private colleges of Meghalaya are offering D.ed courses. Some of them are:
- Primary Teacher Education college
- Shree Ram Krishna Education Mission
- Women Primary Teacher Education College
- R.B.N institute of Education
- F.S. college of education.
The teaching is a profession that requires profound knowledge and skills because it is the most basic and key source to generate the human resources in the right direction. The government of Meghalaya shows the greater concern for teacher education and has come up with different skillful and beneficial training programs for teachers with the objective of providing quality educational services in schools.