B.ed is emerging as a preferable career option in Meghalaya after the completion of graduation. There are several private and government B.ed colleges in Meghalaya allowing the students to avail the facility. Some of the top B.ed colleges of Meghalaya that are NCTE approved are mentioned below:
- St. Mary’s College of Teacher Education.
- Don Bosco College of Teacher Education.
- Government B.ed College.
- College of Teacher Education(PGT).
- North-Eastern Hill University.
B.ed in Meghalaya is a complete 2 years program that provides both the theory and practical knowledge to the upcoming teachers.
Course Structure of B.ed in Meghalaya:
The course structure of B.ed is revised in Meghalaya and is detailed as follows:
Theory courses is bifurcated further in 3 parts
- Core subjects
- Method Subjects
- Optional papers
Practical acknowledgment consists of field exposure mainly
- Classroom teaching.
- Case study.
- Preparation and use of teaching aid.
- Science experiments relevant to the school syllabus.
- Participation in co curricular activities
- Formulation of test papers etc.
ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA FOR B-ED APPLICATION:
- 45% score in bachelor/master degree with 2 school subject included in the graduation.Seats are reserved for the Students who do not qualify on the basis of marks but have 3 years of experience in teaching.
- Reservation of seats for SC/ST/OBC.
AGE LIMIT FOR ADMISSION:
To take the admission in B.ed course in Meghalaya a person should complete minimal 18 years of age. There exists no upper age bar for the admission procedure.
DISTANCE EDUCATION B-ED PROGRAM IN MEGHALAYA.
- Several Universities in Meghalaya have collaboration with IGNOU and hence, serves with distance education program for B-ED.
- There is no age limit to apply for this program.
- The duration of the course may vary between 2 to 4 years.
B.ed has gained a higher preference for students over the years in Meghalaya. The institutions over there generate best and knowledgeable teachers.