Kerala is also known as the spice garden of India made up of two words KERA-coconut tree ALAM-the land i.e land of coconut trees. This state is located in the southern part of India with the highest sex ratio(1084 women for 1000) and a very highest literacy rate in India (94%). The life expectancy rate of this state is 77 years highest among the nation. This state is bordered by two states Karnataka and Tamil Nadu and a union territory Lakshwadeep.This state is very beautiful and living and a much better place to pursue your Ph.D.
- Indian Institute of management (IIMK), Kozhikode
- Cochin University of science &technology (CUSAT), Kochi
- Kannur University, Kannur
- University of Kerala,Thiruvananthapuram
- De Paul Institute of science and technology (DIST), Angamaly, Kochi
One who is going to apply for thePh.D.in Kerala must obtain a masters degree in the related discipline with at least 55% mark or already qualified in the National eligibility test junior research fellowship(NETJRF).
The students those results is still awaited are also welcomed. The students with DBT-JRF, DST-INSPIRE are exempted from the entrance test for Ph.D. examinations.
Relaxation of marks
- The candidates with 10 years of teaching experience in college/ university are eligible for 5% marks.
- SC/ST candidates with a 45% in a science subject and 40% in arts & commerce are eligible for registration.
The candidate age of maximum 28 years is required if applying for JRF conducted by UGC. If the candidate is applying directly without JRF no age is prescribed by any university.
Application form for Ph.D. course-